We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

My sister & I are planning to road trip from NYC -Niagra to Lancaster & back to NYC in September 2014

Anyone suggest the safest,best & most scenic way to drive please. especially from Niagra to Lancaster PA

Also is the terrain mountainous on any particular route please.

Is there anything we shouldn't miss or should avoid

Thx y'all,

Julia

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,241 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

How long do you have?

What are your interests ?

If you like nature, there are some great state parks in the vicinity - Worlds End and Ricketts Glen in Pennsylvania and Letchworth and Stony Brook in NY.

Both states do not have big mountains but definitely have lots of smaller mountains, hills and lakes in a bucolic setting.

On your way back to NYC, spending time in the Finger Lakes region of NY is well worth it if you have the time.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

Thank you for your reply. We are staying in NYC for 3 weeks & we only have a week for the trip.

We love local scenery, quilting, shopping, wine antiques, markets & food experiences.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,035 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

Welcome to TripAdvisor, sivadmail;

Have a look at the Corning Museum of Glass, in Corning NY, off I-86.

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g47538-d295…

http://www.cmog.org/

Best Regards

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
8,241 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

The Finger Lakes contains NYS' wine country.

Ithaca has a great weekend farmers market and Penn Yan has the Windmill flea weekly flea market.

A drive around any of the Finger Lakes is scenic; I particularly like Keuka and Canandagiua on the western side where you will be closest to.

US 20 west of Canandaigua (the city) has a chain of small towns with a variety of interesting antique shops.

5. Re: Roadtripfrom NYC- Niagra Falls - Lancaster PA & back NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 23, 2015