We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Niagara Falls ...

Manchester...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Moving to Niagara Falls ...

Could anybody please help me as i am planning on moving over from (Manchester) England UK to live in Niagara falls, as i have never been to Niagara falls, could anybody please give me some help on the area I am after (if possible) a video of the area, not bothered which side USA or Canada, i am also looking to purchase a business overthere and any help would be very grateful, If anyone can help me i will gladly send them any fees or costs involved with getting a video and the postage costs to the UK, also if you may be able to help me my name is Des Barnes and my email address is desbarnes80@hotmail.com , I have heard so many good things about you Americans and Canadians, so i am putting my trust in you, Thank you very much .... DES

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

Hi DES,

We would love to have you and your business.

Here are some links from the professionals that can help you.

I believe that this area Buffalo and Niagara Falls are ripe for opportunity. We are surrounded by waterfront property that is still inexpensive, we have at least three major Universities within miles of each other, a major Cancer Hospital, and more College Grads per capita than many larger areas. Unfortunately we haven't been able to pull it all together.

Contact these people, they will give you the straight scoop-

Niagara falls, the city itself, is very depressed. It is a combination of loss of jobs and loss of hope, but some areas are still very beautiful. Grand Island, Tonawanda, and Buffalo are about 20 minutes away; but so is mostly every other area-we have no traffic problem-

you can check out properties on www.buffaloniagarahome.com

The Buffalo/Niagara Partnership can provide you with a contact for the other things you need-

http://www.thepartnership.org/

http://www.niagarachamber.org/

good luck-let me know how you make out and I will get you more info.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

sorry this is the proper link

http://www.buffaloniagarahomes.com

Niagara Falls aka...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

Now I don't want to sound like a jerk but why would you want to move here without ever even visiting it first?

Like I said, Im not being a jerk, but if I were making a big move I would want to visit a place before I completely switched my life to another place, let alone a new country...

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

I have to agree with you Dr. Funky, unless he has a hunch that Niagara has no where to go but up.

Hey

No one ever said you were a jerk....

Niagara Falls aka...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

If the state goverment were to reverse the bribery of Donald Trump and legalize gambling then maybe we could become the next Vegas, if we become the next Vegas I will shut up :D

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

i'm with you Doc...

I have even considered writing The Donald and telling him that a great idea for the Apprentice is to take 3 Niagara Falls Hotels and see which team has the best turnaround.

7. Re: Moving to Niagara Falls ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:55 pm, September 06, 2006