We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

Newton...
2 posts
Save Topic
NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

We will be traveling from Northern NJ to Niagara in the next month with a 6 and 8 year old. Is it better to drive up the the Thru Way or to go up through Pennsylvania? What are some good stops to make with kids along the route, and is there any advice for attractions along the way? In Canada, we will be staying two nights on the Canadian side. We are interested in the Cave, Maid of Mists (both American side?) and other venues. We would also like to find nice kid-friendly restaurants, and any Yoga places might also be nice.

Please provide any advice to help us plan.

Thanks!

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

Niagara Falls, Ontario forum is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagar…

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,967 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

Hi Oak973;

Just a reminder…citizens of the United States require one of the following to cross the border, by land.

• U.S. Passport

• U.S. Passport Card

• Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL)

• Trusted Traveler Program Card

Kids 15 and under just need their birth certificates.

For complete details;

http://www.knowyourborder.gov/

Best Regards

NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

I would recommend the thruway... I would also highly recommend the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester if you have time. Your kids would love it. There is also aquarium on the american side of the falls. The bird aviary and butterfly conservatory are nice for kids on the Canadian side. There are also a few water parks with hotel packages that are great.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

How did this go? We are leaving from Northern NJ in a few weeks w/5 and 8 yr old staying 2 nights Canadian side and thinking of Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds. Which route did you take and can you tell me how your trip went?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

How did the trip go? We go at the end of August. Where did u stay?

6. Re: NJ to Niagara Driving with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 23, 2015