We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report... thanks everyone

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Brady...
Level Contributor
132 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
trip report... thanks everyone

Well first of all I would really like to thank everyone for all the great advice!! This place is so great and I will use it for all of my future vacations.

Well this trip report should of been written awhile ago, but just have not had the time.

Me, my son (15), and his friend Jesse (13) stayed with my friend who lives near Buffalo and on Friday July 14th we went to Niagara Falls for the day.

We started our day out with the Whirlpool Jet Boats. We booked a 10:00 trip. If you booked for 10:00 on their website you could save $10.00 per person. We were supposed to be there at 9:15, but somehow ended up getting lost.... got there at 9:45. But they let us go ahead and go. We were worried about that. But they were so nice. We had a blast!!! When people advised on this board that this is a MUST DO, they were soooo right!! The scenery was beautiful. The ride was Awsome! Our Guide was Sean, and he was so funny, which made the trip even more fun. If anyone is trying to decide whether or not to do this..... I SAY YES!!!!! It was just so much fun! The boys just Loved it!

So next we went to Falls and parked and had a quick sandwich. We then found the Trolley and our first stop was the cave of the winds. We only stood in line for about 20 min. The cave was so neat! We all loved it too! I got some beautiful picures here. It was so amazing, standing that close to the falls. Seeing and feeling the power. It was just breath taking. I probably could of stood there all day long. When we were getting back in the elevator there was 4 people who gave us tickets that they had to the discovery center and the Aquarium. They couldn't use them for some reason. It was nice of them.

Next we were off to T. Point. What a beautiful site! I have been to Niagaga before years ago, but never viewed them from the American side, I am so glad that we seen them on that side for a change.

We rode the Trolley around Goat Island, it is so nice too! I wish we would of had more time to check it out more. We stopped at the discovery Center next. The Boys climbed the Rock Wall a couple of times. They wern't to impressed with the DC. They were bored. The Aquarium was a big hit with them either. I think littler kids would enjoy this alot more. We didn't spend much time there.

Off to Maid of the Mist next. There wasn't even a line, we went straight down and got on the boat. There wasn't that many people on the boat. The top was really full, but down on the bottom you could move around to either side and see. It was nice that it wasn't crowded.the Maid of the Mist..... Awwww there is nothing like it. You get so close to the Horseshoe falls. The boys were impressed. This is just such a unique thing to experience.

We then headed across rainbow Bridge, into Canada. We had no problems at the border. We had all the right papers. A permission slip for Jesse was the thing they really wanted to see. The lady commented on how official it was and that they rarely see them like that.

Next we went to the Bird Aviary. We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. There wasn't very many birds around though. And they weren't letting you feed them or anything the whole day. We had a good time here. It was nice that it wasn't crowded and we had the run of the place.

Next we were off to Clifton Hill. Wow!!! That's your first impression. The boys were thrilled to see this and commented on the difference between the two sides. By then we were all starving. So we decided to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. We had about a 20 min. wait, the boys played in the arcade so they didn't mind. When we were seated the boys enjoyed looking around as well as I did. What a neat place. Such detail. We had 4 cheeseburgers, 4 fries, 4 drinks and an order of cheese sticks..... total...... $96.77 American. Whew..... Oh well we payed for the surroundings. Definitly not a place for someone on a budget. But the food was good, the waiter was great, the service was fast. I've never paid that for cheeseburgers before and probably won't do it again, but it was worth doing it once. After all it's vacation, your supposed to splurge, right? I already knew from all the posts on here that I wasn't getting away cheap here.

I have a question for locals though. At what age are the kids allowed to work in Canada? I noticed a lot of really young kids clearing off the tables at the restaraunt. I was just curious.

Next we went to Ripley's Museum. It was neat. We all enjoyed it. So many crazy things to see. Then we headed over to the Movie Ride. It was pretty cool. The 13 year old really liked it, the 15 years old thought it was o.k. He's harder to impress. If you have teens you know what I mean. We caught some of the fireworks while we were walking. but by the time we got to the falls they weren't lit up anymore. I really wanted to see that. But it was late and we were all beat and ready to go home. We had no trouble crossing back over to the US and we finally left around 1:30.

We really had such a good time!!! I was really surprised that we were there on a Friday Night in July and the longest wait we had was 20 min. Nothing was very crowded.(except clifton hill was pretty busy, but no waits at ripley's or anything.) Niagara Falls is A MUST DO! Both sides. I wish we could of spent a longer amount of time there, but just didn't have the time. The boys really had a great time too. Niagara Falls has to be the most beautiful place I've ever been! I could stand there for days just staring at it, and listening to it. Next trip that we take there will be longer and I would love to explore more on the Canadian side.

Again Thank You for all your advice! I hope to post some pictures sometime soon.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report... thanks everyone

What a day!!!! Ferris Beuller couldn't have done any better.

Thanks for the review, Y'all come back again y'hear!!!!

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report... thanks everyone

Jet Boat is a great time ! Glad you enjoyed yourself !

3. Re: trip report... thanks everyone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 14, 2009