We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip in November

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip in November

I am visiting New York City at the end of November and was hoping to surprise my Mum with a visit to the falls during this as her mum visited here when she was younger. I have been myself but during the summer when it is at its busiest and all attractions open. I have seen that the maid of mist tour is closed at the end of October but I remember doing a tour under the falls - is this option available at this time?

I am open to visiting from either the New York side of Canadian. Preferably Canadian as this is where my Gran visited so would be extra special to my mum

Would I need a visa to enter canada if flying from New York?

Do they still light up the falls in different colours at night and what time would this be about to ensure we stay long enough to see this as it will only be a day trip we would have time for so no accommodation needed

I have priced flights from New York to Toronto, Ontario Niagara Falls airport code YYZ. Is this the correct airport and then I can get a bus in?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,057 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip in November

Asked and answered on the Niagara Falls Canada forum

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k710342…

2. Re: Day trip in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 13, 2015