We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

Singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

Would like to find out what will be the most affordable airlines to take from NYC to Niagara Fall?

I figured that taking a flight will be more time saving as compared to train and bus.

How many days is recommended at Niagara fall?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,055 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

Hi speedie98;

The airport in Niagara Falls NY is small and is used primarily for air freight. It has a very limited number of airlines that use it for passenger service, primarily to / from small airports in Florida.

http://www.niagarafallsairport.com/about.aspx

Buffalo Niagara Int'l is approx. 27 miles / 43 km, about a 35-45 minute drive from Niagara Falls and would be your first choice.

http://www.buffaloairport.com/

I understand that JetBlue offer economical flights from Newark NJ (adjacent to NYC) to Buffalo.

Best Regards

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
New York
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
New York
Level Contributor
940 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

JetBlue flies from JFK to BUF.

Delta flies from JFK and LGA to BUF.

United/US Air flies from EWR (Newark) to BUF.

All of the flights are pretty comparable. I'd recommend using Kayak.com to search for flights on multiple airlines.

Singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

Thanks all for the valuable input.

I intend to take the 10:29am flight and arrived at Buffalo at 11:50am. Will be staying at Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area.

Question:

1. Is there any public transport I can take? If not, how much will it cost to take a Taxi?

2. How long will be the journey?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

There is no direct public transportation from Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls. You would have to take a bus from the airport to downtown Buffalo and then transfer to another bus to Niagara Falls, about 2 hours. Not sure how close to your hotel you would be able to get off. A taxi/shuttle would be about $55 and take about 20 minutes.

If you are staying at the Super 8 on Niagara Falls Blvd., it is about 6 miles from the Falls. The NFTA #55 bus runs fairly regularly and will get you to the Falls and back.

You will be able to see and do all the attractions in about a day. If you hold a Singapore passport, you could cross to the Canadian side for much more to see and do.

Edited: 10:46 am, January 19, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
5. Re: Recommended flights from NYC to Niagara Fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 21, 2015