We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

niagara falls for 5 in one day

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
niagara falls for 5 in one day

Hi

We are flying to buffalo airport from NY arriving at 7.46am and departing at 6.24pm the same day. I need advice on the best transport for 5 people to Niagara and returning us to the airport in time for our flight. i was thinking taxi - is that a possibility?

We want to do the Maid of the mist and the cave walk. etc i see the adventure pass is a good option - can you purchase them at the visitor centre on arrival for the same price or do you need to buy them online?

Is there a good order to do the attractions in? or just go for the shorter line each time.

We are Australians so know we can easily cross the bridge and come back again.

can you please help with any suggestions to our busy day. Corrections are also appreciated.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: niagara falls for 5 in one day

Buffalo Airport Taxi offers a $70 each way service for up to 5 people. Be sure to arrange for your return trip, with a specific pick-up spot. www.buffaloairporttaxi.com

The Adventure Pass is for attractions on the Canadian side. The Discovery Pass is for attractions on the U.S. side. Both can be purchased at any of the included attractions. The passes are a good deal IF you want to do all of the included attractions, and will have time for them, which is questionable.

You don't say when you are travelling. If it is this year, note that the water based attractions (Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds) close at the end of October.

Since you have such limited time, I would suggest staying on the U.S. side. Even though you shouldn't have a problem crossing the border, any delay could cause a real problem and likely isn't worth the risk

Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: niagara falls for 5 in one day

I'm a retired New York State Trooper & worked up there on assignment. I would rent a car at the airport, given your time, you can see both sides with a car easy. Everybody has there own way, but I think, the other side gives you the best view. If you are a MM fan, rent the movie "Niagara" before you go. It was filmed on location back in the 1950's and she stayed in the hotel on the Canadian side, overlooking the falls. Its a great day trip.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: niagara falls for 5 in one day

Great advice.

i was thinking a taxi each way but was secretly worried that we would find it difficult to get to the airport in time so will hire a car. This leads to a new questions though - is there easy parking at the NF USA side for the MOM and cave walk? Are these close together so we could park once and walk between both? I am assuming we will need to book a rental car prior to arrival?

As we have decided to drive, but come from Australia where the driver sits on the right side of the car, is it an easy drive from buffalo to NF and will the google maps on my phone be enough to get us there?

Interestingly once the decision was made not to incur extra stress with limited time (thank you fallsdude) we looked up the Cave of the winds and as it has great reviews are happy to stay in USA.

we will be there 8th Oct and really looking forward to it.

thanks again.

4. Re: niagara falls for 5 in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 28, 2013
5. Re: niagara falls for 5 in one day

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, September 28, 2013
6. Re: niagara falls for 5 in one day

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 29, 2014