We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan City...
1 post
Save Topic
Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

I will joining some of my friends for tour..yet not sure whether i need Canadian Visa..

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

What passport do you hold? Are you a US citizen?

US Citizens and a lot of other nationals do not require a visa to enter Canada.

If you hold another passport you can check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

whether you require a visa or not. I think LPR of the US are also exempted from requiring a visa, but double check that.

But, and that's even more important. You do need a passport, passport card or enhanced driver's license to re-enter the United States.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,452 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Marilyn;

This forum is about visiting Niagara Falls New York.

The Niagara Falls Canada forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagara…

On that forum, have a look at the "Top Questions" area. I would suggest reading the first entry - "What documentation do I require to enter Canada ? Do I need a passport ?"

If you have any additional questions about visiting the Canadian side of the Falls, please post on the Canadian Niagara Falls forum.

Best Regards

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

I am a Mexican national and have a United States Tourist Visa. Do I need to get a Canadian Visa if I am traveling to Niagara Falls in Canada?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,452 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

Hi JoelG65;

Rather than resurrect an old post, proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster who sometimes has also opted to receive email notifications when replies are posted to "their" topic.

YES, you require a Visa to enter Canada.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp…

Best Regards

United, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

im currently on a j1 visa in the usa while working at a camp (im originally from united kingdom) ... do i need a visa to enter canada for a single day while on a niagara falls tour?

Danville...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

my husband and daughter are Canadian citizen. I don't have Canadian status or visa. I am in states on multiple visit visa. my husband and daughter plan to visit Canada through Niagara border for 10 days to visit my brother in law who lives in Toronto, he will come on border to meet us. Can I go across the Canadian border to meet my in laws for an hour. I have my return ticket from new York to my home land Pakistan.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

If you require a Canadian visa and you don't have one, then you cannot enter the country for any length of time.

New Britain...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

I'm a US citizen and have 2 people from Thailand here working at our company. I'd like to take them to Canada to visit Niagara Falls. Do they need a Canadian visa for a 2 day visit?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

Pego1961,

Your answers are already here.

Post #1 gives a link to the Canadian Govt site where you can find out what country's citizens require visas.

As I stated in post #7, if you do require a visa, then you cannot enter Canada without one, no matter for how long.

New Britain...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Do i need Canada Visa for Niagara Falls Tour..??

thank you.