We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Shuttle bus from Econo Lodge at the falls North ?

Miami
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Free Shuttle bus from Econo Lodge at the falls North ?

Hi,

( This website is awesome and thanks to all people who share the info..)

I plan to stay for 3 days in Econo Lodge at the falls North in Niagara falls blvd which 2 miles away from falls/ dining/shopping area.

I wonder if I need a Rental car to I use the free shuttle provided by them ?

Does any one know they provide FREE shuttle which is convenient to move around? ( Since there is no restaurant in walking distance )

Based on your reply, I will book my hotel /car

Thanks,

FloridaMan

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Shuttle bus from Econo Lodge at the falls North ?

Metro #55 picks up right in front of the Econo Lodge on Niagara Falls Blvd. No rental car is necessary, unless you are coming from the airport. A taxi from Buffalo Airport will cost around $60.00 each way. So if youcan get a rental car for around the same amount, you may want to do that....

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Shuttle bus from Econo Lodge at the falls North ?

If a rental car is at all an option please do it. This area is very easy to drive around in, and there are any number of great places to see and things to do, and you want to be able to meander.

If you have a rental car, you may want to take some time to drink in the view at Whirlpool park, see Devil's hole, take a ride downriver to Lewiston and have nice dinner over looking the river. You may also want to drive down to Youngstown and take a look at Lake Ontario. Or drive over the border and spend a few hours in Niagara on the Lake.

Remember Buffalo is only 20 minutes away by car. If you have never been there it will suprise you-Beautiful old buildings, lovely parks and history. You may want to go downtown one night and walk around the lovely marina-where you can look beyond the inner harbor and get a glimpse of the mouth of Lake Erie.

Pretty soon it will be Festival season, a car will give you so much freedom.

Miami
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Shuttle bus from Econo Lodge at the falls North ?

Thanks NiagaraGuru and buffalogirl. I appreciate your feedback

4. Re: Free Shuttle bus from Econo Lodge at the falls North ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, August 12, 2009