We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

Hi,

Me and my fiance are doing an express tour of NY and the surrounding areas next summer as part of our honeymoon and plan on hiring a car and driving up to the falls from NYC and stopping for the night. I've read a few suggestions for hotels and where to stop but just wanted some more advice. I've looked at Embassy Suites which looks excellent and good value for the location and views, with it being our honeymoon I'm happy to spend for quality. Sheraton seems to be very popular too but it looks as though they're both on the Canadian side, not the US side so does this pose a problem since we're UK citizens who are holidaying in the US, or can you just drive straight through to the Canadian side?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

wow thanks again for all the replies. I did look into the car hire and they do let me take it across the border, I just need to let them know when I pick it up and they give me some forms.

What about getting back into the US, do I need some other forms? If so when do I get them, am I given them when I cross into Canada?

Thanks again everyone!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,994 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

You're Welcome, ministe2003;

The rental company should provide you with ALL the required documentation when you pick-up the car.

Best Regards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

Thanks again for all the replies. What about me personally, what documentation do I and my wife need to get between the two countries and when do I get them? I understand the rental company will provide all I need for the car, but what about us human folk??

Thanks!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
6 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

I'm from NY but now live on the Canadian side. Did you know, on the Canadian side, the Falls are much further away ? On the US side, you can stand right next to one of the most powerful Falls in the World ? The State park on the American side is much more natural looking and not overly landscaped like the Canadian side. As an artist who paints the Falls frequently, I appreciate the natural beauty and simplicity.

If you're looking for tourist type stuff, definitely try the Canadian side.

And yes, the Red Coach Inn is good for a charming overnight stay and the food is good. I believe it's the oldest hotel in Niagara Falls, NY. I recently painted the rapids just across the street from the Red Coach Inn and you can literally stand a foot away - spectacular !

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,994 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

>>"what documentation do I and my wife need to get between the two countries"<<

Hi ministe2003;

Answered in reply #1

Best Regards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

Yes but what about getting back into the US? Is that all covered by the same documentation as going out?

17. Re: One night honeymoon stay in August 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 13, 2014