We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Falls Vacation US side

Washington...
2 posts
Save Topic
Niagara Falls Vacation US side

My husband and I are planning on visiting for 4 days at the beginning of August. I saw that there is a tourism website to book at with hotel and attraction packages. Is it cheaper to do it that way? We want to do the discovery pass and the whirlpool jet boats. Should I book hotel and order the tickets for the events separately? Also will the falls be lit up during our trip? Do not have passports so we need to stay on the US side.

Thanks in advance for the help!

New York
Level Contributor
935 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara Falls Vacation US side

1) Buy the Discovery Pass.

2) Check the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour website for tickets. I believe if you buy in advance and take the first trip of the day, there is a discount. It is pricey but worth it.

3) Shop around for hotels with good reviews. This is important. In Niagara Falls, the bad ones are really bad. If you have a vehicle, you may find better hotel values further down Niagara Falls Boulevard, away from downtown, about a 10 minute drive.

4) The Falls are illuminated every night at dusk.

HTH.

New York
Level Contributor
935 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara Falls Vacation US side

Oh, and your point of departure on the US side for the Whirlpool Jet Boat will be LEWISTON.

Happy travels!

3. Re: Niagara Falls Vacation US side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 11, 2013