We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

Hi. Was wondering if anyone can advise me on bus or train travel from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge ski fields. As I do not want to drive in the snow. Also want to know if you can hire ski clothes as I cannot fit ski attire in luggage. Also 1 more question if I may. Where is the closest accommodation to ski fields as cannot find any in Kissing Bridge.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

Wow... you are really planning far ahead!

I don't know of any public transport between the Falls and Kissing Bridge.

Also doubt that clothing rental is available.

At least you have lots of time to find answers!

Lynn in Rochester, ny

New York
Level Contributor
934 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

You should be able to find hotels in the surrounding areas of Boston, Colden, and Springville. KB itself is in Glenwood, NY.

You cannot rent clothes, but of course you can rent skis, boots, and poles on-site.

All you really need to bring are ski jacket & pants, ear warmers/hat, thick socks, gloves, and neck warmer/scarf if you want. You will dress in layers. If you are traveling in winter you should already have those things packed for day to day weather. Ski pants are made thinner and warmer now than ever. Shouldn't be a problem to fit them in a suitcase.

Edited: 9:29 am, April 10, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

Thank you very much. We are not seasoned skiiers, so we don't have any wet weather gear at all. Hopefully we can buy these in New York as will be spending a week there.

New York
Level Contributor
934 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

If you are coming to NY in winter, you will NEED to buy cold weather gear as soon as you can. As I said, you will need it not only for skiing but just for general traveling. It's cold, especially in Western New York.

Depending on the time of year, the stores may be picked over or out of stock completely. Ski pants are more of a specialty item, but in a pinch you can layer thermal underwear, jeans, and a pair of wind pants / elastic-waisted exercise pants over the top.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,044 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

I don't ski often, but when I do, I wear silk long underwear, ski socks, yoga pants or sweat pants, and waterproof outer pants, and on top silk underwear, a tee-shirt, a sweater and then a ski jacket. The only item of clothing that I wouldn't be wearing on a regular basis for a day sightseeing in the Northeast in winter would be the waterproof pants, and they don't take up that much space. Long underwear takes up no space in a suitcase.

6. Re: Transport from Niagara Falls to Kissing Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 19, 2013