We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeping my camera dry ? How crowded Oct 17th /18th?

winston salem, nc
Level Contributor
226 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Keeping my camera dry ? How crowded Oct 17th /18th?

Should I buy disposable cameras for Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds? Is there a good place to stash my Nikon 7800? Should I just wrap up my camera?

I am doing the 2 night special at the Marriott courtyard on Monday Oct 17th and notice they are sold out now for that time. Is there somethng going on I don't know about? I am hoping it is not too crowded!! Shaggy

Mentioned in this post
Maid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist
4,242 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeping my camera dry ? How crowded Oct 17th /18th?

Shaggy

I've suspect your question is from Stana's Sep 24th comment to your earlier post. I'm no camera buff, but I have seen some other forums with camera comments e.g. tigercub's Aug posting on tripadvisor.com/…1326333

(Cave of the Winds is on the U.S. side, but it was covered on the Ontario forum!) along with Apr comments on tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k11629…

_Use_of_digital_span_class_hterm_camera_span_on_boat_ride-l591574-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html#591574 and willow's comment on tripadvisor.com/…18787

Mentioned in this post
Cave of the Winds
Cave of the Winds
4,907 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
Ontario, Canada
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeping my camera dry ? How crowded Oct 17th /18th?

We visited Sept 20-23 was busy,but not overwhelming. The wine festival was going on at that time,we didn't have to wait in lines.

I was glad we didn't go during peak vacation time(I assume when schools out), could just imagine the crowds and driving. Beautiful time to go in the fall, we loved it.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeping my camera dry ? How crowded Oct 17th /18th?

Use your camera travelchick. I'm reminded of David Bailey's classic portrait of Vicki Leandros which he snapped in the vicinity of the Cave of The Winds. Photography has no time for shrinking violets.

Mentioned in this post
Cave of the Winds
Cave of the Winds
4,907 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keeping my camera dry ? How crowded Oct 17th /18th?

you can always buy a waterproof disposable camera