We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passing border from us to ca

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
1 post
Save Topic
passing border from us to ca

if i do not live in the us and came with a visa to visit and want to go to the canadian side of niagra falls how do i do that? what identification would i need?



Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: passing border from us to ca

That is a very important question, and a very wise one. It is not unheard of for visitors with visas to cross the border at Niagra and not be allowed back in. It all depends on what type of visa you have? Does your visa allow unlimited exits and entries, or just one entry. If it only allows one entry, going into Canada voids it.

Is it a tourist visa, a student visa, a resident's visa....

Be sure to check with the American Embassy in your home and ask these questions. Your tag line suggests are now living in NY. You an ask the consulate of your nation in NY. Most nations have counselates in NYC.