We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blazing through, what to do?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
7 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Blazing through, what to do?

Hello, i will be blazing through on a cross-country trip from Colorado to New England. We will not have a lot of time but want to see the falls (Griswald-style). We will actually spend the night and I am bringing my Mom who is not very mobile. Does anyone have a suugestion for a place to stay with nice views, and a quick tour that will inspire me to come back?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blazing through, what to do?

Hi Colorado,

Welcome to Niagara. When you get to the Falls stay on the Canadian side over nite. Lots to do with the kids and they have hotels that actually over look the Falls. Then spend your day on the American side, and use the park bus system. I took my elderly aunt last year and she was able to get around and see the sites pretty well. She was even able to navigate the Maid of the Mist. Don't miss it-it is awesome. At the parks on both side of the border they have special package deals that include maid of the mist, and many other sites. This area is steeped in history and has it's own beauty-check out the Niagara gorge-it isn't the Rocky Mountains, but it may be just as beautiful.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blazing through, what to do?

buffalogirl's right. def stay on the canadian side its a lot nicer and staying on the us side is a trap out of towners fall for alot. check niagarafallslive.com for a great listing of hotels and what to do while here. ontario has all the glitz and has a disney-like tourist-town feel to it, the us has good views of the gorge. canadian tours take us mostly up and down the niagara river. the us tours will keep you in a smaller area. dont hesitate to cross back and forth over the border. peace.