We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maid of Mist Which side to board on?

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Maid of Mist Which side to board on?

Hello, I've heard mixed reviews on which side to get on the boat to take the Mist tour. I've heard the lines are much shorter on the American side and that they take you to the same spots along the falls? Is this true or is one side better than the other? Help appreciated.

Thanks.

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maid of Mist Which side to board on?

Also, I forgot to add, we have already booked a hotel on the Canadian side. We will get in the night before we plan on going on the maid of the mist and will do the maid of the mist in the morning before we have to leave around lunch time. So, which is our best bet to make sure we get in seeing the Mist before we have to leave? Meaning, should we just get up, check out of our hotel, cross the border and do it from the American side? Or should we try doing it at the Canadian side first then if the lines look long go to the American side. I am just nervous about running out of time. We plan on going on the first tour of the morning, being there before it opens to get in line since we have to be gone by lunch. Thanks.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,692 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maid of Mist Which side to board on?

If you're going first thing when it opens, it shouldn't matter which side. The ride is exactly the same from each side. However, since you will need to cross the border anyway, it might be better to get that out of the way first while you have plenty of time instead of waiting till later when an unexpected bridge delay might mess up your plans.

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maid of Mist Which side to board on?

Ride is the same from either side....

4. Re: Maid of Mist Which side to board on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 01, 2009