We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

We'll be flying into Newark for one night before taking an international flight at 18:00 the next day. We'll have our 2 young children with us (aged 3 and 1) and wonder if there is anything at the airport or nearby to entertain us before our international flight. Suggestions much appreciated!

staten island
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

I fyou need to do any shopping, there's an outlet mall about 5 -10 minutes from Newark airport- http://www.jerseygardens.com/info/information

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,044 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

This is the forum for Newark, NY. The airport is in Newark, NJ. You'd be best off putting this question in the New York City forum.

Do you really want to spend all night at the airport? Or are you interested in going in to New York City? When you repost, I'd make that clear.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

If you need to do any shopping, there is an outlet mall very close. www.jerseygardens.com/info/information

Edited: 3:46 pm, February 17, 2012
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,379 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

You should repost on the Newark NJ fourm. Wjen are you coming. There is a toys r us across the turnpike from the airport. Also an Ikea where if I remember from my youth has a playroom.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

And if/when you do repost, you might want to refer to "EWR". EWK is the airport code for Newton, Kansas. 1,000+ miles away from Newark.

6. Re: Short layover at EWK: what is there to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, June 14, 2013