We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mohonk Weekend Booked - what I need to know...

Which New Paltz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mohonk Weekend Booked - what I need to know...

Hi All -

Just purchased a weekend at Mohonk as a Christmas gift for my significant other. Have never been so was hoping for those of you who have - do you have any insight you could share. We are not very picky and really are just looking to spend quality time together while relaxing. Was curious how the food was, mainly the sit down dinner? Spa services - worth the extra bucks? Any information you could share is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mohonk Weekend Booked - what I need to know...

The food is amazing. We didn't do the spa, there is so much to do, you probably don't need it- but it would be great after a long day of hiking or skiing, or climbing, or whatever. You have so much time to just relax and focus on being in love- it will bring joy and relaxation to your life and your relationship <3

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mohonk Weekend Booked - what I need to know...

mohonk is a funny place. the pictures look super cool and the surrounding area is neat (the lake, the cliffs). depending on when you go, the place can be packed with families, little kids running around and extended family geriatrics all at once. the hotel interior is reminiscent of the hotel in the shining. the bedrooms are sufficient, no TV. regular dinner is in a cafeteria-type room. big, lots of tables, kids running around. but the food is good. i believe there may be an option for a less chaotic dining setup. we went in summer and did some canoeing on the lake, played the par 3 course and did some easy hiking. in winter the hiking trails will probably be nice and maybe there's iceskating(?). we thought of it as a family camp destination but it might be different on a quiet winter weekend. there was an urban myth that dirty dancing was filmed at mohonk--while it's not true, you get an idea of the setting.

3. Re: Mohonk Weekend Booked - what I need to know...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, May 14, 2015