We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millbrook, NY

clifton park, ny
3 posts
Save Topic
Millbrook, NY

we are traveling to the Millbrook area to do the winery next weekend. Can you recommend lodging, nice restaurant and other must see sights?

Thank you.

New York
Level Contributor
153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Millbrook, NY

I've traveled Dutchess County many times. It is a nice weekend gateway destination not too far from NYC.

I always stay in Poughkeepsie (the largest city in Dutchess County) because of convenience. My favorite hotel is Courtyard by Marriott because they have indoor swimming pool and whirlpool. It is nice to relax in whirlpool after sightseeing. There is a shopping center near by for shopping and dining.

I did winery hopping, and it was fun. Even there are signs on the road, you still need a good map or GPS. There are beautiful scenic roads. I stopped the car many times to take pictures.

I also took a guided tour at Vanderbilt Mansion, Franklin Roosevelt Museum, Eleanor Roosevelt Historic Site and Montgomery Place.

I enjoyed wonderful meals at The Culinary Institute of America. There are three restaurants to choose from. Prices are reasonable but you have to make a reservation months in advance especially for weekend. They are closed on Sundays, Holidays and when the school is closed.

I also visited Rhinebeck and Red Hook. They are small but nice and cute towns. I walked around and had lunch at local cafe. There are a lot of antique shops if you are interested.

Enjoy your trip!

2. Re: Millbrook, NY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Millbrook