We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closest beach to massena?

Which Massena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massena, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
closest beach to massena?

What is the closest beach to Massena, NY? On the east coast.. I grew up in VA and MD so i'm not too fimilar with the near-by (well more like far away) beaches.. I tried to do some research and most are about 6-9hours away.. Are there any that are less than 5 hours away or is 5 hours about the minmal time to any beach? I looked at Maine, Mass., NJ, etc. Let me know, thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: closest beach to massena?

Does it have to be the ocean? Lake Ontario has beaches that are much closer than the Atlantic...

Massena, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: closest beach to massena?

Perferably the ocean. my fiancee's kids have never been to the ocean before so I thought it'd be a nice experience for them this year. They were raised in Ontario so i'm sure they've been to Lake Ontario before.

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: closest beach to massena?

Understood completely.

Hampton Beach, NH will probably be the closest, then. The problem is getting over to the interstate - you need to pick up I-89 and take that all the way down.

An extra 45 minutes will get you up to Old Orchard Beach in Maine, passing through Hampton, NH.

Reply to: closest beach to massena?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Massena