We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

subway station near wyndham gardenes LIC

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
subway station near wyndham gardenes LIC

Hey,

I am due to stay at wyndham gardens and was wondering what the closet subway station is called. Also has anyone had any safety issues here? Some people have written reviews that said they did not feel safe walking here at night, I guess I can decide when I'm there but any advice would be good.

Thanks.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
14,432 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: subway station near wyndham gardenes LIC

if you check the "regular" NYC forum there are many discussions about LIC

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Closest train stations are 7 train @ Vernon Jackson

OR E/M at Ely. (Both 1 stop to Manhattan)

(Also 7 Train Courthouse square, which is the second stop out from Manhattan)

Be aware that the Vernon Jackson stop is below ground, the Courthouse Square above ground.

The E/M stop is below ground. (If you look away from Manhattan for the big blue glass Citibank building that is the direction for the E/M)

For Vernon Jackson just walk south on Vernon.

The stretch of Vernon between the train and your hotel also has some nice places to eat, etc.

Area is safe, but north/east of hotel is somewhat industrial, so less populated at night. Recommend you walk to both subway stops (on different mornings) so you can get a feel for the area if you walk back late at night.

Vernon may be a bit more busy at night, due to closeness of restaurants and large apartment buildings.

2. Re: subway station near wyndham gardenes LIC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 12, 2014