We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking advise for summer visitors!

Parking advise for summer visitors!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:30 am, June 28, 2017

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
917 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking advise for summer visitors!

I grew up on LI and the only parking permits I know of in Long Beach are those for the LIRR station, or ones for the municipal lots is that what you mean? If so, yes that is how much it costs to for a parking pass. If you are not parking at the train station street or in a municipal lot (like on your residential block) then street parking is free. It's really difficult to find a parking spot but it is free.

Also even if you have a parking permit and are parking at the LIRR or a municipal lot I'm rather sure you cannot park "long term" / over night. here is the link with all the details www.longbeachny.gov/index.asp…

Freeport, New York
Destination Expert
for Long Island
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking advise for summer visitors!

Is there some reason you can't park in the driveway? Or on the streets around the house. Parking in Long Beach is not that bad--except at the beach--or sometimes near the bars/restaurants. The municipal lots are free--only the beach lots are metered. We frequently spend time in Long Beach and can usually find parking.

I don't know if there are rules that say you can't park overnight on the neighborhood streets--some areas do have them--but on Long Island it's usually only in places where each house has a driveway.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
103,986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking advise for summer visitors!

If you don t have a driveway or garage and you don t think you will find legal street parking, consider leaving your cars home.

parkopedia.mobi/parking/us/long_beach_ny/…

Reply to: Parking advise for summer visitors!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach
More Long Beach Topics