We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A GREAT idea for Jinja

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
274 reviews
Save Topic
A GREAT idea for Jinja

WILD WATERS LODGE sounds phenomenal--on an island in the Nile , near Jinja. But its accommodation tariff is beyond my budget.

However here 's anotehr way to combine time there, witha jet boat trip on the Nile. It is $135 per person. (less for kids)

Do i have an ulterior motive for sharing this info? (-: Yes!! They only go with a minimum of four people, and I am traveling alone!!

Scan down to bottom of page for "Special"

and here's a letter from WW:

We are delighted to answer your queries as follows.

The departure point will be the Adrift camp site (Riverbase) in Jinja between 9.00am and 10.00am for the morning trip and 12.30pm and 1.00pm for the afternoon trip.

The trip can only take place with a minimum of 4 people.

The morning trip normally starts between 11.00am and 11.30am so the lunch is after the trip and afternoon trip between 2.00pm and2.30pm so lunch can be before the trip.

You can book with us by email or you may call 0776 286 433 (Gavin) or 0772 286 433 (Ruth).

Payments can be made at Wildwaters lodge or at the Adrift Campsite (Riverbase) in Jinja.

Should you require any further information or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With Kind regards,

Wildwaters Lodge

T: +256 (0)392 776 669

Level Contributor
2,095 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A GREAT idea for Jinja

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information with us.

I will try out their services

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A GREAT idea for Jinja

Thanks, Ugandasafaris

I just rec'd confirmation email from WW for my date in July. I hope there is the minimum number of people so the boat can go.

Either way, i'm looking forward to a delicious lunch on a little island overlooking Nile rapids.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A GREAT idea for Jinja

You can also book with Adrift Kampala offices kololo near airstrip.

4. Re: A GREAT idea for Jinja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 04, 2013