We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in or near Uganda

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
What to do in or near Uganda

Hi I am volunteering near Kampala in Nov this year and would would like to do a safari or something when I finish for just under a week. I then head back to Australia . Can you help ?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in or near Uganda

Well on the Jinja Forum so presume you are near there.

All sorts of Adrenalin activities around there.

Alternatively you could head west for your "Safari or something" to Queen Elizabeth and Lake Mburo National Parks and if you get a permit then go visit the Mountain Gorillas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in or near Uganda

Hi ,

It will depend on what your looking for, wild life and chimps you can visit the Queen Elizabeth National Park or Murchison Falls National park. for Gorillas you need to have your gorilla permit in advance.

Monker

Edited: 2:47 pm, July 17, 2011
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in or near Uganda

If you are on a volunteery style budget - I would highly-recommend Red Chilli to Murchison. You can stay in their Kampala hideaway accommodation first then go up in their vehicle.

I would definitely recommend you do the trip that includes the Rhino Sanctuary.

My daughter just did this trip with a friend and they both felt it was very good value for money. Do check their website.

It's run by expats - they also have a very good internet cafe and excellent breakfast.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in or near Uganda

Thanks for that I will look at site.

Even though I am volunteering I am a bit older!! so if you have any other ideas for maybe a little more comfort I would also appreciate that also and travelling alone needs it to be safe . Ta

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in or near Uganda

Well if I were you I would maybe just contact an agent on Kampala and do a 'routine' safari. It need not break the budget and Lodges can be quite comfortable.

Allow maybe US$250 per day for the car and guide/driver. Lodges vary hugely but this combo seem reasonably priced.

www.naturelodges.biz

6. Re: What to do in or near Uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 07, 2013