We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a tour to Ichkeul national park?

Chicago, Illinois
10 posts
Save Topic
Is there a tour to Ichkeul national park?

I'm traveling to Tunisia this month, couldn't find information on how to get to the park besides taking the bus and walk 10km. Is there a travel agency or guide provider there that give just one day trip to the park? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a tour to Ichkeul national park?

Hi,

I went to Lac Ishkeul last month. Without your own car, it will be difficult to get there. My sister in law lives in Bizerte ( doesn't have a car) and we had to take a 'louage' and pay extra for the guy to take us all the way there - and we had to haggle. Normally the louage goes to Mateur and from there you need to find your own way, which I'm told is quite a walk.

This area of Tunisia doesn't have too many tourists which is good, but as a result there isn't much tourist infrastructure.

As for the lake itself, the best time to go is from December when the birds arrive. There aren't any at this time of the year. There is a little museum that tell you about the ecosystem and all the different variety of birds that come.

hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a tour to Ichkeul national park?

Thank you, that's very helpful. I might revise my plan a little bit. Thanks a lot!

3. Re: Is there a tour to Ichkeul national park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 12, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bizerte