We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Placid mid June

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Placid mid June

We have booked a condo at Whiteface Club for a week. Would love some suggestions for day trips, budget and mid-range restaurants, good grocery shopping place, seafood, place to canoe, good hikes..easy to medium...anything else you can think of!! Are there any wineries in the area?? Thanks...looking forward to exploring the area!

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Placid mid June

You are about an hour away from Ausable Chasm. I strongly recommend it.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

travelus73

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Placid mid June

We'll put it on the list. thanks. Also are there any local markets open in mid June?

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Placid mid June

Hi canchick,

It has been awhile since I have been to Lake Placid and am not familiar with local markets. I'm thinking Lake George may also be a nice day trip.

travelus73

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Placid mid June

Do you mean farmers markets? Mid-June is really too early for local produce unless they come from greenhouses. Maybe later in June strawberries at Pray's and Rulfs. http://www.rulfsorchard.com/

http://lakeplacidfarmersmarket.com/

In Keene on route 73 at Marcy Airfield farmers market takes place on Sundays but, IMHO, it has too much local trinkets and not enough produce

In Lake Placid supermarkets Price Chopper and newer more attractive Hannaford for groceries.

Activities are endless, did you google already? Did you read posts on the Lake Placid and the Adirondacks forums? Did you check the Whiteface website for summer activities? Did you check Lake Placid visitor's bureau recommendations? Once you decide on your choices then post here for comments. It is impossible to list all activities.

Please describe budget and mid-range restaurants. What is mid-budget to one person is not to another. The same goes for easy to medium hikes. You need to describe your requirements. Hiking trails are everywhere. Mt Jo is probably the most popular. Get yourself to Adirondack Loj and ask for recommendations for that day. Arrive early or you won't find a parking spot (fee involved there). There are many trails where you won't need to pay a parking fee.

Ticonderoga, Westport, Tupper Lake, Burlington, Paul Smith's, Montreal, Saratoga Springs could be day trips.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Placid mid June

Forgot to add this link for wineries lakechamplainwines.com/ourwineries/ourwineri…

Lake Placid
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Placid mid June

High Falls Gorge is close and lots of fun. You can go horseback riding at the Equine Center too. Lots of great leisurely shopping along Main St. - both souvenir type shops, antiques and some outlets. There are too many things to do to list. You should visit www.lakeplacid.com and click on "Do" for information on all of it! Have fun!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Placid mid June

anyone know where you can rent canoes? I've been told that Whiteface only has kayaks??

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Placid mid June

You ignored my previous extensive information so here is my limited just for you list.

lakeplacid.com/do/paddling/high-peaks-mounta…

www.canoeoutfitters.com/directions.html

Edited: 9:35 am, April 07, 2012
toronto
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Placid mid June

Thanks very much...I appreciate your extensive info.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Placid mid June

I enjoy sharing information but to know if any answers, short or extensive, are helpful and would benefit other future posters it is always great to get feedback. And some time ago someone asked here why the this forum is not very active? BTW, <Whiteface only has kayaks> Are you sure about Whiteface and kayaks?