We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

My boyfriend and I are spending a few nights in Lake Placid over the New Year holiday. We have spent some time searching for something special on New Year's Even but have not been very successful. I would love some suggestions! (both for dinner and celebration)

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: 2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

Hi, we are a young couple (married a year and a half ago) and we also booked a weekend in Lake Placid from Dec 31st to Jan 2nd. We plan on skiing / snowboarding most of the time but we are looking for recommendations for places where we can spend NYE, even if it's just at a pub or a restaurant. I'm finding it difficult to find any suggestions online, and it will be our first time visiting the area! I'd love some ideas please! :)

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

For ski bums the best place, IMHO, would be McDougall’s but it is not in Lake Placid. It’s located about 1 mile from Whiteface on the way to Wilmington. On the left side there is Hungry Trout restaurant and McDougall’s is downstairs. I wrote a review of this place. tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g48899-d5163…

Another option is to ask at your lodging but I would not recommend going to High Peaks Resort for this important night.

For dinner I highly recommend Mirror Lake Inn and Interlaken Inn but there are many other options. All depends what you like and on your budget.

Lake Placid
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

Gee, I'm sorry to hear that you wouldn'r recommend us, but I think both of your recommendations are good ones.

If you are looking for a party, rather than just dinner, we are doing dinner buffet and dancing, as is the Crowne Plaza.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

HighPeaksResort, you should familiarize yourself AGAIN with rules of posting here. You are breaking rules over and over again.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

<<If you own or represent a business or website, however, please take note of the following guidelines, and above all please do not use the forums to solicit new customers or promote your services. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may lead us to revoke your posting privileges.>>

<<There are times when you may want to join a conversation that is NOT directly related to your business. In these cases, we allow (but do not require) you to mention your affiliation with your business. Please do not use this as an opportunity to solicit new clients, provide contact information, or post commercial links.>>

<<Travelers do not visit the forums to be solicited or “sold to.” Please do not recommend your business on the forums, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler’s needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.>>

Your post will be reported to TA.

5. Re: 2011 New Years Eve in Lake Placid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 19, 2012