We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

new york
Level Contributor
68 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

I am staying in LP for Labor day weekend with 2 kids (ages 3 and 5) and my husband. I wanted some input on hotel choices in the area...Should I stay in High Peak resort or Art Devin's Motor Inn. I wanted to stay in a hotel that has a beach on the lake, but since both of them don't offer beach it is hard to decide between the two!

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

The Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort has a beach. Have you looked at that?

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

I'm with previous poster on this one. One more vote for Golden Arrow, especially if you have such small kids

Lake Placid
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

Both Golden Arrow and Mirror Lake Inn have beaches.

High Peaks Resort does not have a sand beach, however we do have a rooms located directly on the shores of Mirror Lake that are accessed via a dock. You have access to our waterfront no matter what rooms you are staying in at the resort. There is also a pool lakeside as well as free use of kayaks, paddleboats and rowboats.

Hope that helps.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

I would never consider High Peaks Resort if only because the person who posted above (post #3) only participate in this forum to solicit posters to his/her property. This needs to be reported to TA.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

<<Travelers do not visit the forums to be solicited or “sold to.” Please do not recommend your business on the forums, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler’s needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.>>

5. Re: hotel choices High peak resort vs Art Devin's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, October 10, 2012