We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary weekend stay

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse NY
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary weekend stay

Okay, I scoured the forum and am still undecided. Hubby and I are making a quick 29th anniversary trip to LP this weekend. Our last trip was in 2002.

We would like to stay close enough in town to walk to shops (me) and Restaurants (him). would like to keep it under $200/night. Looking at Golden Arrow, but am seeing mixed reviews.

Keeping in mind we like "nice" but not necessarily "fancy", what are some good places to eat? We are NOT the white linen napkin kind of folks. Thanks

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

May be too late, but just in case!

We like "The Cottage", which is part of the Mirror Lake Inn, to eat. Not too fancy, but good food, right on the water. We were there last weekend, and the outdoor fireplace was going and you could sit outside with a drink.

Lake Placid, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

The Golden Arrow is a great location. Another one to look at is the High Peaks Resort, that has been recently remodeled and the rooms are beautiful. I'm not sure what the rate is however.

I have three suggestions for nice places that aren't fancy but have great food. Carribean Cowboy is fantastic, Lisa G's has great food that is American or Liquids and Solids has an interesting menu but is delicious.

Bloomingdale, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

Mirror Lake Inn has an email offer for lodging package at $195 per night, good thru April 10. It includes a $75 resort credit as well. mirrorlakeinn.com/packages/The-Ultimate-Snow…

Lake Placid
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

High Peaks Resort is right on Main St., in the heart of shopping and dining. Visit our website to take advantage of our spring sale - up to 30% off if you stay during April or May. www.highpeaksresort.com. It's definitely within your budget.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

High Peaks Resort, did you again and AGAIN forget about not advertising on this forum?

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

<<Travelers do not visit the forums to be solicited or “sold to.” Please do not recommend your business on the forums, even if your business or property would seem to be an ideal fit for a traveler’s needs. Other forum members may recommend businesses or properties, but as an owner or representative you may not recommend your own business or property.>>

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

At the other end of the village is Art Devlins Motor Inn Don't let the Motor Inn part scare you, it is a great place and very resonable. I would second Lisa G's as a place to eat and the bar food at the LP Pub and Brewery is very good also.

ottawa,ontario
Level Contributor
110 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

Art Devlin's is nice but it is a popular place to bring pets. No indoor pool. I prefer the others mentioned. The Crowne Plaza and The Comfort Inn are other good choices.

Caffe Rustica, Chair 66, Brown Dog, are among our favorite restaurants.

8. Re: Anniversary weekend stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 21, 2012