We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Placid - Ontario March Break Mar 14-17 - Questions

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Placid - Ontario March Break Mar 14-17 - Questions

We have booked from March 14 - 17 and plan on Skiing the Tues and Wed.

Looking for comments on the spring Skiing at Whiteface, (I can do some of the blue runs, but still somewhat novice)

Any experience with the Kids ski school, thinking of signing my 9 yr old boy up for the day, as he is still a beginner ony having skied 2-3 times before.

Any info on reasonablely priced family places to eat back in Lake Placid that you would recommend ($15 or less for an entree)

We have booked the Comfort Inn in Lake Placid.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Placid - Ontario March Break Mar 14-17 - Questions

Signing up for the ski school is a great idea. There are some wonderful instructors at kids campus. While signing up for a lesson make certain you (or your son) inform them that he skied before so he won''t be placed with those kids who are learning how to stand, fall and get up.

If you search here under Lake Placid you should be able to find recommendations for inexpensive eating places. After your day of skiing I recommend going to Hungry Trout which is a mile or so from Whiteface on the left side and toward Wilmington. At the McDougall's Pub downstairs (non-smoking, family friendly) you can have inexpensive great hamburgers and the same food served at the restaurant upstairs but for much lower prices. They are not in Lake Placid and open I think at 5 pm. I'm not certain about that so please check the Hungry Trout website for their hours or call them while already in Lake Placid.

Lake Placid
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Placid - Ontario March Break Mar 14-17 - Questions

Check out Dancing Bears Restaurant for great casual American fare at an affordable price. Right on Main St. on the corner with Saranac Ave. Pizza, burgers, nachos and lots more!

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Placid - Ontario March Break Mar 14-17 - Questions

We took our friends some time ago to Dancing Bears and had a very poor experience. The place was not only rowdy but food was less than satisfactory. There are many inexpensive place to eat in Lake Placid than recommended by owner/employee of the Dancing Bears. Talk to locals like shopkeepers and ask. If you ask restaurant owners/employees they will definitely recommend their places

4. Re: Lake Placid - Ontario March Break Mar 14-17 - Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 24, 2012