We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customer Service in Lake Placid

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Customer Service in Lake Placid

WE are from Canada, and just arrived home yesterday from a weekend at Lake Placid, unfortunately, the only 2 things that we can talk about is the customer service anywhere we went to eat, shop or take in the sites, was TERRIBLE, I can understand that you are dealing with mouthy, know it all tourists, but that is why you are there, to deal with people, the servers need to wipe there slate clean after each experience with a customer and start properly speaking to a new customer with a smile and helpfulness, not instant RUDE. Talk about taking advantage of a good thing or what? The line ups at the ski hill SUCKED. Wouldn't go back, EVER! Stayed at the Crowne Plaza, and the rooms are dated, and the bath tub was like my grandmothers, OLD OLD OLD. WE paid 279/night, could of stayed somewhere BETTER, but couldn't get a reservation anywhere but at the Crowne, NO KIDDING.

Mirror Lake
Bodies of Water
Olympic Ski Jump Complex
Arenas & Stadiums, Sports Complexes, Lookouts
Bobsled and Luge Complex
Arenas & Stadiums, Sports Complexes
Lake Placid Olympic Museum
Sports Complexes, Specialty Museums
ottawa,ontario
Level Contributor
110 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Customer Service in Lake Placid

The comment was from Oshawa not Ottawa. Two completely different cities about 300 miles from each other.

I am from Ottawa and we love LP, the locals are wonderful!

Lake Placid, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Customer Service in Lake Placid

As an FYI American Express is a more costly service to provide resulting in smaller properties and restaurants not taking that card. But that being said many places around the world do not take American Express, in my experience.

Edited: 5:03 pm, August 30, 2011
NYC
Level Contributor
639 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Customer Service in Lake Placid

Yes, I know the reasons ..... and I know many places around the world do not take it ..... but we're talking about the USA here. Just saying, I've never ran into so many places in one place that did not accept the card ..... that's all .... bit of a pain, as its my main card.

14. Re: Customer Service in Lake Placid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 03, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
167 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Customer Service in Lake Placid

I'm glad to say I found this post. We were in Lake Placid one evening. We found the hotel staff and the staff at the bobsled run to be friendly and helpful; however, the same can't be said about the manager and the owner of the restaurant we went to. One only needs to read the responses they have written to reviewers on TA to see that they are rude and condescending.

16. Re: Customer Service in Lake Placid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, December 29, 2012