We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation within $100 per night near lake placid ?

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation within $100 per night near lake placid ?

we are going to be doing a few day trips and planning to have lake placid as our base. We are travelling with young kids so need safe and clean accomodation.

All the hotels around lake placid are soo $$$$ we don't mind something away. anything between lake placid and lake champlain is fine. Any recomendations ?

look for 2 or 3 nights next week...

NJ
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation within $100 per night near lake placid ?

Hopped on to TripAdvisor to check out a restaurant and saw your post. My husband and I are currently staying at Art Devlin's Olympic Motor Inn. It's in Lake Placid, right at the beginning of the main street of town. We're paying under $100/night and the place is lovely. Not fancy, but nice. It's clean, comfortable, and has a very pretty outdoor pool. It's convenient to attractions in the area. There are many families with children here. I definitely would recommend it.

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation within $100 per night near lake placid ?

Thanks, I called them and they are booked, everything seems to be running at high capacity next week.

any other suggestions ?

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation within $100 per night near lake placid ?

Have you tried Saranac Lake? They have a few hotels and motels there, and since it is more of a working town than a tourist one, I think it tends to be a little cheaper. On the other side of Lake Placid, I grant you, but an easy drive into Lake Placid village. Also, it's halfway to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake, a great place to visit if you are traveling with kids.

4. Re: accomodation within $100 per night near lake placid ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 27, 2011