We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is beach at Kairaba.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
84 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
How bad is beach at Kairaba.

I have booked the Kairaba for October. Will we be able to sit on the beach. Have heard that it has corroded away. Thanks Gwen

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is beach at Kairaba.

It is bad. Check out the travelers photos here

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g480198-d3050…

It is quite a few in but you will see the two lots of steps (stairs) to get to the beach. Seemingly 100 yards either way you are okay though so once you are there you have plenty to choose from.

Enjoy

Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is beach at Kairaba.

Approx 20 ft of man made beach still there in early June. Wooden steps down to natural beach but no-one ever seems to sit there.

Beach erosion varies where concrete slabs are - some have collapsed and also sandbags seem to offer little protection.

I cannot understand why the beach was not left natural in the first place as it is in other areas.

J

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad is beach at Kairaba.

the other reviews are correct its not too clever

however there is a great pool area and loads of sun beds on the grass between the pool and the beach the other good thing is if you like to walk you can go for miles in either direction the beaches are fine

straw bear

Leitrim, Ireland
Level Contributor
363 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How bad is beach at Kairaba.

Its not the best any more. I did upload some pictures when I was there in April. Less room for sunbeds. You can always walk further up to some of the beach bars where they have a better area.

5. Re: How bad is beach at Kairaba.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Serekunda
Recent Conversations