We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Any one know of a reliable way for us to get from the airport to the Kairaba Hotel.......Resort Hoppers want £66+ each for what is a 20 min journey! Have been to The Gambia before but have always booked a package with Thomas Cook but they no longer do any variation on 7 or 14 nights, so have booked separately.

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

A taxi will cost you £10-£12. If they ask for more just tell them that's what you paid in November .and that includes tip .agree on the price before you get in .

england
Level Contributor
159 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Hi we always get a taxi from the kairaba to the airport at the end of our holiday it costs around £12,we never paid more,enjoy your holiday we there the end of feb counting the days cannot wait for some winter sun...................

scotland
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Offer your £10 note most other regular travelers are paying that or less.

to £66 I say bah humbug to that amount.

enjoy your holiday

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Hi

You can book and pay online for your taxi at www.airporttransfer.gm You'll be picked up at Yundum by a driver with a nameboard and in a bettter quality car than most taxis Not as cheap as one you hail but much much cheaper than your £66 The prices based on destination and number travelling are on the drop down menu rgds

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Hi mate, is this company reliable?

Looks very good value and I always like seeing my name on a board when I walk out of an airport.

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Hi

Only know a few people who have used them but without problems Theyve been going a good few years always a good sign in TG rgds

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Hi susieb have just returned today from kairaba hotel having spent Xmas there. Excellent hotel great staff especially mariama in Havana bar. You will have a great time, this was our 9th visit. We usually just pick up a tourist taxi outside the airport - costs about £10 - £12. Hope you enjoy. Say hi to mariama from Brian and Judith.

cardiff
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

olham jeff.....will they take sterling then

london
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Jacqui, yes Sterling is fine (and £12 would be a nice rate, but if on a budget £10 would be acceptable), we paid £15 this Xmas as petrol prices have gone sky high like in the UK and we did overload his car with 4 suitcases (2 for charity) and 3 carry ones!! He was prepared and came with a roof rack and ropes. We have used the same Taxi Driver for the last 5 years so if you like I can send you his details? He is the most honest, reliable and polite young man I have ever met in The Gambia.

He has driven my daughter on her own - who was then 15 - back to a restaurant, where she had left her handbag under her chair, she came back in one piece. Highly recommendable!

Have a great holiday! x

Edited: 9:35 pm, January 12, 2013
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Kairaba Hotel

Hi I'm going in Feb for the first time (4 of us) and booked myself so unsure of taxis I arranged direct with the hotel for a transfer - I'm paying £28

Get answers to your questions about Serekunda
Recent Conversations