We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

Hi everyone,

Need your help. My wife is 33 weeks pregnant and we're looking for things to do. I was thinking about going on a steamboat ride that is not too long and I'm not sure what else to do.

We always loved scenery and walking around but we can only do certain activities now. We love taking lots of scenery pictures. Taking a look at shops,etc.

Any recommended driving to areas and anything else you could recommend would be very appreciated!

Thanks sooooo much!!!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

Prospect Mountain for scenery - you can drive to the top.

Walk through Bolton Landing - it is small nice stores attractive little town decent restaurants

Go to the Sagamore have a meal and or a drink (non alcoholic of course) alongside the lake - great view of the lake

Drive north along Rt 9N towards Hague over Tongue Mountain - the scenic overlook on the north side of Tongue Mountain is very nice

Keep going along Rt 9N through Hague - nice views of the lake maybe even go to Ticonderoga see the fort, maybe even drive to Mt Defiance which is in Ticonderoga - also nice views also drive to the top

See the La Chute River in Ti (Lake George empties into the river) see the covered bridge see the little park there too

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
972 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

If you are going to be here anytime now through August, a day at the track in Saratoga can be a lot of fun. There are also great shops and restaurants in downtown Saratoga Springs.

Gore Mountain ski area in North Creek, NY, opens the Gondola in the summer and you can ride to the top of the mountain for some nice views on a pretty day. The town of North Creek is small, but there are a few shops and restaurants.

The Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake is a bit of a hike from Lake George (about an hour), but is an interesting place to spend some time learning about the history of the Adirondacks.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

All great recommendations above.

The only additional suggestions that I have are the scenic train in North Creek, natural stone bridge and caves, the O' Keeffe exhibit at the Hyde Museum, the ferry to Burlington, and a visit to Crowne Point. Also, there is a great scenic overlook by exit 22 of route 87.

Have a great trip, and congratulations!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

Lots of suggestions! Thank you very much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

Can anyone recommend casual highly rated food places? Pizza,dogs,burgers,steak,etc.

Lake George ,Bolton Landing,Saratoga Springs

Thanks!

Edited: 8:49 pm, July 25, 2013
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

There is another thread that may be what you want:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g48016-i267-k6700559-Where_to_eat_in_Lake_George_area-Lake_George_Lake_George_Region_New_York.html

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

For food I recommend Adirondack Brew Pub on Canada Street in Lake George. Saratoga I highly recommend Druthers (yes another Brew Pub) - Brew Pubs tend to always have good food!

Level Contributor
1,911 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

Pizza Jerks and Capri are good for pizza in LG...Adirondack Brew Pub (LG) and Coopers Cave and Ale (Glens Falls) are great for pub fare...Georges is good for steak if you go for the early bird - it gets quite expensive after that...Lone Bull in Diamond Point good for breakfast..hope this helps. I've heard Gaslight is good for ribs, etc., but it's fairly new and haven't been yet to tell you.

9. Re: Recommendations for couple with pregnant wife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 30, 2014