We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for lodging and restaurants

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
706 posts
Save Topic
advice for lodging and restaurants

LakeGeorgePrincess...or anyone else...I recently posted a new topic...ITINERARY...but have gotten no replies so far.

Sooooooo....I have a question for you -

We're going to spend 2 nights in the Lake George area and was thinking of the Sagamore...or the Lamplight.

We don't need to sightsee that much as we've been many times before when our kids were young.

We'd like pretty and quiet with atmosphere...price is not THAT much of a factor.

What do you suggest ???

We also like nature, scenery, wineries, fine restaurants...again, any suggestions ???

Thanks so much.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for lodging and restaurants

hi mama... just wanted to offer you a little bit of help... the sagamore is absolutely beautiful and peaceful.. but you are definitely paying for it because it's very pricey... the lamplight is quaint and cute.. cheaper then the sag… it's in the cutest little area too.. the ausable chasm isn’t too far off 87 from lake george and it’s very pretty (if you like walking) it's dubbed the "grand canyon of the east" although i think that's a little extreme. There is a very nice restaurant in the sagamore that would be considered fine dining. I don't know of any wineries so hopefully someone else may be able to help you with that. You could also take a dinner (or day) cruise on the saint sacrement... it's relaxing and it's beautiful scenery. Also, if you like nature and hiking you can take a walk (or drive) up prospect mountain which is right off canada street… it's a beautiful view from the top... hope i helped a bit.

2. Re: advice for lodging and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 14, 2009