We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a Singles-Life?

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a Singles-Life?

A buddy and mine (both late 30's) are thinking about getting out of the hot, noisy City and doing a fishing trip in Lake George. Is there any place(s) that two straight single guys will be able to have a good time at night??

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Lake George,NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a Singles-Life?

Hi Marshreed,

I wrote a few things under Lake George overview pages that may help you out, look under nightlife under the overview tab. I will mention a few here for u to save u time.

DJ'S- My personal favorite..they recently burned down and have since rebuilt, and are having their grand reopening shortly. They have 3 bars, a grill for food, an outdoor deck, pool table, dance floor, tv's to watch people on the dancefloor, and waitresses that walk around to serve you, or you can walk to the bars yourself. They regularly have fun nights, with either local radio stations visiting, or Corona nights where you can win stuff, etc. Mainly city style music, spanish, salsa etc. Not on the water, but just across the street.

Neptunes- This place is huge, sorry no map available. I actually have gotten lost inside this place more than once.. so travel with ur buddy lol. They also have an outdoor deck, they are right on the boardwalk so you can sit up there and watch the water and enjoy the breeze. They range from dj's to live bands. A few different bars, food, open for lunch and dinner for food then later for entertainment.

Christie's on the Lake- like her title says, they are right on the lake also. Mainly live bands, if you like music like "Sweet Home Alabama" then you'll fit right in. Pool tables, not much dance space unless you dont' mind dancing where you stand and bumping into people you don't know. Seating under the tent by the water where the band is, the other half is bathrooms and pool tables, covered with a roof. One big bar that goes into both sides, the past bartenders were always fun to watch.

Duffy's- just up the street, also near but not on the water, close to Shepards park, Irish pub, 2 floors, mainly live bands..older crowd mainly but still fun.

Hope these help..there are others but these are the main ones. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
2. Re: Is there a Singles-Life?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 15, 2009