We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake George area advice

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Lake George area advice

Hi there - My husband and I are considering an escape to Lake George in late summer or early fall. I have a tentative itinerary worked out but it can change based on your helpful advice. Some questions I have are the following:

What are your opinions of the Nordick Hotel and how far is it from the Great Escape?

Does the Great Escape still have the Comet rollercoaster?

Georges steak restaurant looks wonderful...Is it?

Thank you in advance.

Edited: 11:28 am, June 15, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
George's Restaurant
George's Restaurant
385 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Bistro LeRoux
$$$$, French, American, International
Caldwell House Restaurant
$$ - $$$, American, Steakhouse, Bar
Westchester County
Level Contributor
652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake George area advice

The Comet is still at Great Escape. Best wooden roller coaster! I never ate at George's steakhouse but it must be good because it is always packed every time I drive past it when we vacation during the month of July.

Mentioned in this post
George's Restaurant
George's Restaurant
385 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Boston
Level Contributor
24,655 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake George area advice

" What are your opinions of the Nordick Hotel and how far is it from the Great Escape?"

About 6 miles out of the village.

The place has a decent location, not one of the top rated Hotels but not one the worst. Much of LG is on the rustic side and some places could use a little refubishing. Your near a lake so keep that in mind.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake George area advice

Thank you guys. As a little girl I rode the Comet when it was at the Crystal Beach park in Ontario, Canada. I am a Buffalo, NY native and Buffalo was just a short, fun ride to Crystal beach.

I can't wait to get on the Comet again. Nothing like those old wooden roller coasters.

@TheDiceMan - I think I know you from the Las Vegas forum...That is a fun place to be as well...I bet you would agree ; )

Edited: 7:42 pm, June 15, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Crystal Beach
Crystal Beach
186 Reviews
Crystal Beach, Canada
Ontario
Ontario
Canada
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake George area advice

I too rode the Comet at Crystal Beach and it is still a terrific coaster. Georges is a god place - I have had many good meals there. I don't go often enough becuase it is our of the way for me...but it is still good.

Mentioned in this post
George's Restaurant
George's Restaurant
385 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Boston
Level Contributor
24,655 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake George area advice

" TheDiceMan - I think I know you from the Las Vegas forum...That is a fun place to be as well...I bet you would agree ; ) "

Yes you do, Las Vegas is like my second home.

As you then know your not going to find restaurants in Lake George that can compare to those found in Las Vegas especially the top end steakhouses that Las Vegas has to offer.

It would be like Georges steak restaurant ranking a 4 while Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio ranking a 10, so be aware of that.

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
George's Restaurant
George's Restaurant
385 Reviews
Lake George, NY
6. Re: Lake George area advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 18, 2013