We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adirondack Nationals

MA
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Adirondack Nationals

I am thinking of going to Lake George in September for the Nationals. We are 3 adults and wondered if anyone could suggest a decent place to stay close by.

Thank you for any help.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adirondack Nationals

Nationals? National races, national marathon, national antiques show, national conference, national car show, national hot dog eating contest?

2. Re: Adirondack Nationals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, April 02, 2012
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adirondack Nationals

The Adirondack Nationals takes place in Lake George Village so anyplace that is near the Village will be good. People do stay in Queensbury as ell as Bolton Landing but all the activities happen in the Village including the show itself, the vendors, the burn outs, the parade etc.

MA
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adirondack Nationals

ADKtraveler, thank you for your reply. Apparently someone else doesn't know what I meant and someone else's answer was inappropriate.

Could you tell me about how far away is Queensbury and could you recommend a place in Lake George that is not real high end but is clean and has the basics?

Thank you for any help...

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adirondack Nationals

Queensbury is not far away at all - just a few miles down Route 9. Fort William Henry is the place I suggest in the Village since that is where the show takes place. There are places that get good comments and frequent suggestions such as the The Logdes at Cresthaven; Surfside has had some decent comments here recently. Since I typically do not stay in the local hotels I cannot give first hand commentary. Hope that helps some.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adirondack Nationals

one other thought ....www.adkbyowner.com has lodging of private homes/condos that are for rent. This is not for everyone but you can get some nice places.

MA
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adirondack Nationals

Thank you. I had already looked at Fort William Henry but it is already booked full. Didn't realize I would have to book so far ahead.

I will only be there for 2 nights so i wouldn't do private homes/condos but will keep that in mind for a longer stay.

I will check out some other place you mentioned.

Again, thank you for your help...

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adirondack Nationals

I know of great B&B on the lake and they still have availability. Friends of ours (two couples) stay there every October during two separate weekends but since you did not answer my question......Some people just assume others need to know of their interests. I don't live in Lake George therefore I don't know anything about nationals but asked because I tried to find out dates of your travel to give you a link to that lodging listed on adkbyowner There is a minimum of two nights stay. Yes, you right I don't know about nationals but I know of great lodging which seems would fit you perfectly. At least you should include dates. Good luck!

Edited: 9:29 am, April 02, 2012
MA
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Adirondack Nationals

The Adirondack Nationals is a car show that goes on there every Sept. That is the name - Adirondack Nationals.

It is Sept. 6-9 . I will be ther Sept. 7,8,9.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adirondack Nationals

ADK has great suggestions.

Also, check out Dunham's Bay Lodge (5 miles from Village, on the lake) or the Comfort Suites (on Route 9, south of the Village, not on the Lake). Good Luck and have fun!