We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Camping

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Island Camping

Any suggestions how to choose an island for 5 campers w/ kids ages 7 and 10? Looking for an island with either very few campsites or an island just with us on it! Thanks! **Planning for summer 2012**

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Camping

Phantom Island, Gem Island, Pine Island, Fox Island, Bass and Gourd Islands, Hermit and Watch & Commission Islands are small islands with one dock. Islands that are small with few docks include East Dollar , Gravelly Hens and Chickens, Phelps. I can see what more info I can get you. There are also docks on the shore that can be decent too, perhaps not as private as an island

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
272 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Camping

Interested in doing the same with our two kids. Where did you end up going?

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
272 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Camping

Interested in doing the same with our two kids. Where did you end up going?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Camping

I can't remember the name of the island right now. We got 2 campsites that straddle a dock. There are maybe 6 sites on this island. We are going the first week of August - booked a long time ago though. Have rented a boat - looking forward to it!!

Marcellus, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Camping

Hi I am also looking for island camping how do you make a reservation thanks

Maria

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Camping

www.reserveamerica.com - then you choose Lake George and narrow it down from there.

We stayed on Sagamore. Had a great time! Next time we visit Lake George will probably look in to renting a home.

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
1,712 Reviews
Bolton Landing, NY
7. Re: Island Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 16, 2013