We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Markets for produce ?

nyc
Level Contributor
645 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's Markets for produce ?

Can anyone recommend a farmer's market or somewhere to get quality fruits in the area ?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,478 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

http://www.lakegeorge.com/glens-falls-market/

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,258 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

Nevermind - mispost.

Edited: 10:06 am, July 27, 2011
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

This one is a bit further away than Glens Falls but there is also one in Saratoga http://www.saratogafarmersmarket.org/

Level Contributor
1,909 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

Bolton Landing has a farmer's market Fridays from 9-1 at the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church. Diamond Point Saturdays 10-4 Community Church on 9N. We also saw signs for local produce along 9N in the Diamond Point/Bolton area across from lakeside.

nyc
Level Contributor
645 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

Went to the Queensbury one the previous Thursday. I wasn't impressed - no fruits and tomatoes were not good. Probably will try another one next time.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

The one in Bolton as mentioned by NJBoss seems to be decent.

Westchester County
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

There is a store on the left side of the street going into Bolton (before Son of a Sailor) which I can't remember it's name. They sell Adirondack items. In front of it, bears and furniture are displayed. They sell plants too and they also have a shed that sells produce. We bought tomatoes there two weeks ago and they were excellent. Hopefully someone else can help me with the name of it? It's one of the first stores on the main drag in Bolton on the left.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

I think I know the place, but can't find a website. Bolton Garden Center maybe???

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
141 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

I know the palc you're thinking of - we got fresh fruit there last year and it was good - not cheap - but fresh. You can't missit as you drive into Bolton Landing heading north it's on the left. Get there early in the day. Very limited selection.

10. Re: Farmer's Markets for produce ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 08, 2012