We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

westchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

Does anyone know anything about Dunhams Bay on Lodge on Lake George? We are 4 adults traveling on a budget and would like to spend 2 days in Lake George before flying back home to California.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

Dunham Bay resort is on 9L, about a 20 min drive away from the main Village of Lake George, I dont know if I would recommend this place to a first timer going to Lake George but if you have a car that would help.

I would however recommend on the less expensive side the Quality Inn which is steps from the Village, shopping and restaurants. Its priced well and very clean.

http://www.qualityinnlakegeorge.com/

Level Contributor
1,911 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

Heritage in the village is also very clean and reasonable.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

Dunham's Bay Lodge is 6 miles and approximately 10 minutes from the village. It has a very nice beach (across the road) and a pool with windows that open in nice weather to make it open-air. They also have traditional motel rooms or cabins, and a bonfire area that is utilized most evenings. My friends who stayed there really loved it.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

I have heard many good things about the place as well. It is a short drive to the Village but they did have a shuttle to the Village last year - check with them they likely still have it.

Long Island
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

Stayed at Marine Village. Clean place with a number of freebies for kids like pizza night etc. Good value for $$

6. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, April 12, 2012
Edited: 7:35 am, April 12, 2012
Stamford...
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

Try Nordick's or The Balsam.

8. Re: Where To Stay 4 adults on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, June 18, 2013