We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

country cottages and motel vs adirondack diamond point lodge

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ewing, NJ
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
country cottages and motel vs adirondack diamond point lodge

Hi,

My husband and I, and our 2 year old, will be visiting Lake George for a family reunion of sorts. His entire side will be staying at Depe Dene. Based on reviews, and my feelings about cleanliness, we've narrowed down our alternatives to the two places in the subject line (they are close to Depe Dene, and in our budget, since we are not taking my in laws up on their offer to pay for our stay at Depe Dene). Anyone been to either?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,909 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: country cottages and motel vs adirondack diamond point lodge

I have stayed at Country Cottages and Motel and can say that it is absolutely spotless. Diamond Point Lodge is actually right below Country Cottages. I've never stayed there, so can't really comment. The only thing I did notice was that some of the cottages are right on the road that leads up to Country Cottages, so with small children you would need to be careful. Country Cottages is very quiet and lots of open space for the kids to play. They have an unheated pool that isn't that deep, which is good for your kids ages - mine are older and were a little disappointed in that. I think you'll probably be fine either place you choose as I have read good reviews of Diamond Point Lodge as well.

2. Re: country cottages and motel vs adirondack diamond point lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 28, 2012