We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family restaurants in the area

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Family restaurants in the area

If you good name a few good family restaurants in Bolton Landing, and Queensbury areas (not Lake George) - which would be your choices? You can include chains.

Level Contributor
1,911 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family restaurants in the area

The Silo is great for breakfast in Queensbury. Ridge Terrace for dinner is one of our favs. I suggest making a reservation. They have a really nice kids menu too. We've eaten at Cate's Italian Garden in Bolton a couple of times and enjoyed it. Queensbury has lots of chain food - so you have pretty much your pick there. We like UNO pizza.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,553 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family restaurants in the area

Sutton's very good

Silo Very good

Panera Bread Very good

Applebee’s Good

Olive Garden eatable

Johnny Rockets fast food

Westchester County
Level Contributor
651 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family restaurants in the area

Lakeside in Bolton Landing, get a table on their porch. It's not on the lake despite it's name but excellent food and service. The Docksider on Glen Lake Road (from the Village it's a left hand turn right before you get to Great Escape). Great views of Glen Lake.

Edited: 1:56 pm, July 12, 2010
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family restaurants in the area

Cates in Bolton Landing has been very good this year. I have not tried a new place in Bolton yet, Son of the Sailor, but have heard good things about it so far. Villa Napoli a few miles south of Bolton has been good too. Pumpernickel’s Restaurant in Bolton has very good German food. I have been many times to Palazzaos in Bolton for pizza.

I have been to almost every restaurant in Bolton Landing over the years, more often than not the food has been decent but it can fluctuate from year to year. For instance a year or two ago Cates was not as good as it is this year. The Algonquin which is right on the lake was good the last time I was there - probably two summers ago.

In Queensbury I like Brooklyn Pizza and the Docksider on Glen Lake. I also like the Harvest Restaurant in Queensbury. Massies in South Glens Falls is a real local place but has been good too over the years.

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family restaurants in the area

Thanks for the good suggestions.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,553 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family restaurants in the area

As the poster stated....

" The Docksider on Glen Lake Road."

Great place on the water with nice views.

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family restaurants in the area

Which would be good lunch options ? I like the idea of eating a good lunch in a calm setting.

We tried Docksider last year - the view of the lake and setting was very nice but the lunch quality was just average.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family restaurants in the area

Lakeside, Cates, Silo, Brooklyn Pizza, Harvest Restaurant, Palazzos, Algonquin and Son of the Sailor are all open for lunch. (Of course the chains are too - but you can them anywhere so why bother when you are up here.) Cates is a decent enough setting on the main strip in Bolton- and Algonquin is right on the lake. I have not eaten at the Algonquin this year but whenever I go past the place it is pretty full. Its location is really nice on the lake.

nyc
Level Contributor
649 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family restaurants in the area

How is the ambiance/setting outside on the Lakeside Lodge Grill porch ?

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family restaurants in the area

It is a wrap around porch on the main street in Bolton Landing. It is not 'lakeside'