We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

Middletown, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

We stayed at this place 2 years ago.We requested a 2 bedroom according to the website and it was disguisting!! I couldn't figure out what they had on the website, but it wasn't our room. The room smelled of mold and dirt, and we had to disinfect the bathroom after finding someone's private hair in the toilet with their leavings, and the shower was barely big enough to wash your hair let alone shave your legs. It was only the stand up shower , also not disclosed ahead of time. The living area was barely big enough for the couch and TV, and the "bedrooms" were only big enough for the bed and a small walkway. The kitchen was creapy at best and the only thing we used the whole weekend in it was the coffee pot. The manager had charged our card for the reservation when it was made and charged us again when we got there, and then charged our companions again. It took us weeks to get the credit back to our card. The restaurant closes at the end of August, which was not mentioned to me over the phone when I told the receptionist that we were looking forward to having osme good barbQ. We had to take our car to town because the shuttle that she mentioned on the phone wasn't running during our stay and parking was impossible. It was a 10 minute ride to town and the "office" was just an entryway in the owners house and was not open at all!! There were no phones in the room which we also did not find out til we got there. This was the worst trip we've taken and has put me off Lake george all together.To make it final tripadvisor has no listing for them and there is noway to let others know about the disaster that this hotel is. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

I love going to Lake George, I've been going since I was a young child. I wish you had a nicer time. I have stayed in some very nice motels in LG.

Marlborough, MA
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

Hi Perimluver (sp) can you offer any good suggestions for a large family reunion in August, would love beach front, boat rites, 10 -12 adults (maybe 5 bedrooms) Thanks for any input...

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

Katfinn, the best lake front place I've stayed at so far is the Juliana. It's a little further up the line, I don't knoe if you'd rather be in the village or not. The lake front places I've stayed at in the village have gone down hill. However, I've stayed at Nordick's and The Balsam in the village. They are not lake front but affordable and friendly.

Marlborough, MA
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

Thanks for your quick response, How can I find the Juliana website, phone number?? Need a large house or 2 good size cabins for all of us...

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

www.julianamotel.com

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

I've heard that the Sun Castle Resort is also very nice, although I have never stayed there myself. www.suncastleresort.com

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

kat, let me know how it turns out.

Marlborough, MA
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Amber Lantern Lake George Cottages!!

Hi Purmiluver, thanks for your interest. I've been looking and looking for any place that can accommodate 10 -12 adults 3 kids. Hard to find, especially with our small budget. Been busy nursing a husband with a recent knee replacement, an old dog just diagnosed with cancer and the "Family" now stating they can't afford the reunion. Life just (!) sometimes. Thanks for your input thou, the 2 places you gave me are nice and maybe we'll just rent a small place just for the 4 of us.