We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacancy - reservations needed??

Level Contributor
192 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
vacancy - reservations needed??

hello and thanks for your posts.

We are thinking about LG for next week

Sun- Wed?

Will there be open vancany signs??

we ususally like to wing it - when we travel - stopping where we feel like it. Or would you suggest having reservations at this place??

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacancy - reservations needed??

Hi Traveler,

A friend of mine just got back from Lake George and said for the first time there were many vacancy signs on. I think it's because of the price of gasoline. I still would recommend checking our www.lakegeorge.com just to see what hotels there are (and their prices) and to see what kind of things you would like to do there. Good luck and have a great time!

Level Contributor
22 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacancy - reservations needed??

We just got back today from a 2-day trip to LG and every place we went by had a vacancy sign- saw at least 20 places with vacancies.

long island
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacancy - reservations needed??

I just got back last week ,and i didnt see a lot of vacancy signs.

So maybe it all depends on when you go. It was very crowded. I go every year, and it was just as crowded if not more crowded this year than last with very few vacancy signs that i saw from LG all the way up through diamond point into bolton landing.

Good luck!

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: vacancy - reservations needed??

Does anyone know if there are houses or camps to rent out in lake george for a day from Saturday to Sunday close to enchanted forest, looking for the last weekend of august