We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twin Bay Village Resort

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Twin Bay Village Resort

I stayed at Twin Bay Village resort over the 4th of July weekend. If you'd like to know what it must feel like to be in the witness protection program, try this hotel. I don't think it has been refurbished since the 70's.

When we checked in, our grandson, who lives just up the street in Lake George, was with us. We were rudely asked if he was staying with us, as we had only requested a room for two. We had to repeat three times that he lives in Lake George and had only driven with us to show us the location of the hotel. We were told that he was not allowed to stay with us or use the property due to insurance regulations if he wasn't a registered guest. We sure didn't have to worry about that, as the ammenities were so poor we didn't use any of them either.

We requested a non-smoking , non pet room. The room was in dark wood. They provided us with towels, but no washcloths - we had to go to Walmart andbuy some. The towels were so small and thin I couldn't wrap it around my leg, let around a torso. The rooms looked like they hadn't been refurbished since the 70's. The bathroom didn't even have a toilet paper dispenser - the toilet paper was on the back of the toilet. The plug in the bathroom mirror was the only plug in the room and I could not plug my blow dryer in - the blow dryer plug was too big. I had to plug the hair dryer into a plug in the bedroom so far away I needed my glasses on to see what I was doing in the mirror.

The t.v.'s are so old there are no remotes - you had to get up and change channels and to turn it off - no sleep timer. It was like being a kid in the 60's. No phones in the room. We couldn't both take showers in the morning - there was only enough hot water for one person.

The bed mattress was so hard every time my husband tossed in bed, he nearly bounced me out of the bed. I have herniated disks in my neck and the mattresses were so hard that I was in a neck brace for the three days were were there because my neck hurt so bad after sleeping on the mattress.

The "beach" they advertise is about 15 feet of grass on the lake - right next to their boat dock. And it was so crowded with people there was no room to put a chair down.

The office is open from 9 AM to 9 PM. There was no one to call when the room next door was overrun by 8 "guests" at 1 AM in the morning. Now, for all the trouble they gave us about my grandson, I'd like to know how 8 people in a two bed room was okay. We reported it to the desk clerk the next day, who told us that only the two people who were registered to that room should have been there and they'd look into it. And the same thing happened again the next night - they looked at nothing.

For the price we paid ($108) a night , I would never recommend this place. There are plenty of other places to stay on the Lake for that much or less that have much nicer rooms, amenities (all the rooms have air conditioning) and people. We spent some time during our stay checking out other hotels for a future visit.

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Twin Bay Village Resort

Happy, thank you very much for warning the rest of us about this place! This is exactly the kind of information we need if we are going to make informed decisions about where to stay.

I hope you find a great place to stay next time!

The last time I was in Lake George (in 2000) I stayed at O'Connor's Cottages (in a motel-style room with kitchenette)and the time before that I stayed at Juliana Motel. I was happy enough at both of those places but I am aware that Juliana has changed owners since then, and don't know if O'Connor's has changed owners. So I don't know what they are like now or if the rooms have had any updating. Any place that I've stayed has been right on the lake and pretty rustic, and I like to go for a few days in late June, before the crowds arrive.

Lin