We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Ndola

Dar es Salaam...
4 posts
Save Topic
moving to Ndola

Dear Frens...I m moving to Ndola wid my family soon as i got a job thr...wanted to knw more abt it as i hvnt made any queries as yet...about Ndola.I m an Indian..Indian restaurants...movies....grocery shops...schools...good hospitals in case of emergency....safety to move out in night...cost of living for two...Indian channels for TV...etc.pls do reply soon.

3 replies to this topic
Madurai, Tamil...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to Ndola

If I have to migrate to Ndola, Zambia what are all the necessary things that I should check for, being an Indian national ? What about the cost of living? What about the security in day and night? Is this a developed city or developed village? How about Indian restaurants, shopping, entertainment values in Ndola? What are the sightseeing places nearby? What is the decent salary to work with? Does Ndola have an International Airport, if not from Lusaka to India do we have atleast one stop flight?

Please reply asap.

Thanks, Balaji

Lusaka, Zambia
Level Contributor
7 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to Ndola

Balaji,

I am not Indian, but perhaps I can put your mind at ease?

Ndola is quite a busy town, most people prefer it to Lusaka. Its big enough to have everything, but not congested and a mess like Lusaka. There are plenty of shops and you will find a large Indian Community. Zambia is quite expensive, known as the most expensive country in the world for an expat, but then it depends on how high you live? The airport is very small, so suggest you will need to take a Proflight to Lusaka and from there I think there will be a direct flight to India.

Zambia is quite safe, but there is a lot of petty crime. Drive with your doors open and don't leave valuables in the car. Mine was broken into within seconds of me leaving it in the middle of town.

You should have a good time in Zambia.

Mark

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: moving to Ndola

Thank you Mr.Mark. You have provided very helpful information. I wanted to know more about simba school in ndola. More like how is life at simba, the teachers and education imparted etc. what are the fees and who is managing the school. Is it easy to get the admission and what type of boarding facility available.

regards and thanks in advance

Reply to: moving to Ndola
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted