We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

South Africa, JHB
2 posts
Save Topic
I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

i am in the process of my fiance being relocated to ndola zambia i wouuld like to know who has been there and what it is like for i am not sure if i want to pack up my whole life to move somewhere i have no idea about. i want to nknow that finer details like the quality of the roads, the shops, the houses, the people, the ways of transport cars? prices what there is to do there, whether there are good job opportunities for a woman there in other words what should i expect?

Ndola, Zambia
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

Hello there! Ndola is beautiful peaceful town on the copperbelt of Zambia. For heavens sake it is not a bush but has shops like shoprite, furnishing world etc. The roads in town are fairly good and housing is as good as any town with variety from big mansions through moderate ones and bad of cause. If you have any further doubt, contact me on mulalami@yahoo.com. I live in Ndola and I am General Manager at www.mukubahotel.com , check it out. we can even chat on yahoo messenger.

Kenneth Mulalami

Ndola Zambia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

I have lived in Ndola for the past 8 months and can tell you it is a nice place. You can buy almost anything you need (and the capital, Lusaka, is only a three hour drive away). Alot depends on your perspective. Where are you from, have you ever spent time in a foreign country, ever been to Africa, etc.

There's an 18 hole golf course, good restaurants, public swimming pool, excellant private schooling, and the weather good year round.

Wilmington
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

We are also relocating to Zambia from the Eastern United States. We are not sure but we may be living in Ndola. Approximately, what is the annual living costs for a middle class family of four? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Ndola Zambia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

Cost of living for a family of four depends on many variables. Not including housing rent or private schools, $2,500 is probably the minimum.

Wilmington
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

Thank you very much for your reply. I would like to clarify the $2,500 figure. Is this a monthly figure or yearly? Thank You

big island hawaii
Level Contributor
118 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

How easy/hard is it to immigrate to Zambia? What's the average price for a house? Can you bring in your pets? Any place for answering these questions? I love Zambia and want to move there!

Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

Its very easy to immigrate to Zambia there a few requirements needed of which you are likelt to qualify for them houses from like $400 a month just depend on the loction and what type of house you are loopking for you could even get some for less.Food prices are fair and school too.

for more information you can go to the immigratio website

http://www.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm

Perth
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

Its very easy to immigrate to Zambia there a few requirements needed of which you are likelt to qualify for them houses from like $400 a month just depend on the loction and what type of house you are loopking for you could even get some for less.Food prices are fair and school too.

for more information you can go to the immigratio website

http://www.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm

reno
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

i used to live in ndola in 1966, yes i know a long time and i can remember just good things about it.... i wish i was you mate....i would give anything to go back to africa....although i do love my adoptive country which is the usa....

reno
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I am relocating to Ndola, Zambia and want to know what it...

i am envy of you mate...i used to live in ndola in 1966 also went to boarding school there....i can remember what a beautifull and peasefull place it use to be.....so enjoy your memories will last a lifetime