We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finger lakes for families

Allentown, Pa
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
finger lakes for families

Where is a good place for families, with 3 generations, including young children, on the Finger lakes?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: finger lakes for families

I think Ithaca is a nice location for families. Quite a few state parks that should satisfy young and old. You can swim at Butternut. Taughannock is an an easy walk into the falls. There is a relatively new earth science museum that children would enjoy. Wineries for the adults. Great restaurants and a wide variety of eating choices. Google Ithaca and check out their website.

Allentown, Pa
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: finger lakes for families

thanks for the advice. any ideas about lodging?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: finger lakes for families

I also like the search engine the Ithaca website has built to find various kinds of accomodations. I haven't stayed in Ithaca in a long time but they have a fairly large number of hotels/motels, B&B's and vacation homes for rent on Cayuga Lake. If this is a family gathering, you may want to check into a rental on the lake.

4. Re: finger lakes for families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 am, April 18, 2010